Sunday, May 28, 2006

After ten days in a relaxing enviornment Chris and I left for Hong Kong. We went from one extreme to the other. This is the most sophisticated and diverse city I have ever seen. We absolutly loved it and plan on going back. The energy is unreal and with 7 million people this city doesn't sleep. I love New York but I think I love Hong Kong even more! The architecture is captivating and the city is surrounded by moutains which makes the skyline even more beautiful. Everyone speaks english which made things very easy! The shopping is amazing, it's worth it to go just for that!

These pictures were taken from Victoria Peak. From the top you can see the entire Kowloon Peninsula. It was overcast that day but you can get an idea of how great the view is from here. The homes up here range from 50-80 million Hong Kong dollars. It's the one place in the city that is actually quiet.



We spent a lot of time down on the water just enjoying the lights at night.
We had an amazing time and feel so lucky to be able to experience different lifestyles and cultures. I am reminded just how lucky I am to live in a country with freedom and opportunity. We are surrounded by people that live very differently than we do but we all share the need for love and companionship. Life truly is a beautiful thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Wow Laura. What an amazing journey you had. Those are great pictures and you described everything so well. Makes me wanna go...although all that flying might be a deterent(sp?)
...I think I would go crazy! :)
But I do have such a longing to experiences other cultures like you did...so I guess I'll have to just deal with the whole flying thing...yuck! :) Oh and you look SOOO cute in that one picture of you!!
Love, Jess

4:34 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Thank you Jess, we did have a great trip and the plane ride wasn't that bad. All the seats had t.v. screens and they had a variety of movies, games and music to keep you entertained. I brought a few books and the times passed rather quickly. We are talking about going to Europe next year to visit a few countries so if you and John want to come, you are invited. Nothing is for sure yet but we have the travel bug so hopefully it will work out.
Love you.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Wow...that would sure be awesome. Although I must admit I have a BIG passion to travel to places more like Cebu. Places tropical, and places where the cultures are REALLY different then ours. But, shoot, if we can afford it and I am not pregnant..then heck..we'll go! :) Love you!!!!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home