Tuesday, February 21, 2006

So before I tell you about my day, let me just say that I am probably one the most easy going, laid back girls ever, but today I saw a very different side to my personality!

I don't start work until noon so I decided to be productive and do a load of laundry before I left. I loaded the machine, added the soap, started it and went back to watching the news. As I go to pour myself a cup of coffee I am standing in a pool of water coming from the laundry room and I scream! I open the door and the entire room is covered in atleast two inches of water. The weather has been so cold and all I can think of are frozen pipes. By now Chris is running around the corner and freaking out with me. We start mopping up the water with every spare towel we have in the house including the "towels on display", you know the ones you don't let anyone use! It must have been a fluke thing because we ran it three more times and everything was fine. Thank God!

It's time for me to head to work and since yesterday was a holiday the banks were closed so I was going to stop on my way. Just a quick deposit and that was it. I pull into the drive through and ofcourse it's super busy so I wait patiently and do a little people watching. As most of you know I live in Bonney Lake which includes some very wealthy people along with some very poor and everythnig in between. In front of me is a typical eldery lady driving a car that is way to big for her and behind me is the good old country boy with bull horns attached to his front grill and a gun rack hanging in the back window. Finally I pull ahead to the tube which goes from the drive through to the bank. I am on the short side so I always have to unbuckle my seat belt and reach half way out the window to grab the canister. As I pull the canister towards me I drop it. I try to open my door but I have pulled my large SUV so close so I can reach I have to reverse and try to get some more space. After two tries I am able to get out but I can't find the canister because it's totally under my car. I am so embarrassed and so mad! I get back in and pull forward enough to get back out and get the canister. People are now honking at me and I just feel horrible. I back up once more really trying to be careful of the horns that are just waiting to stab the back of my car. I sent my deposit and I was on my way.

I arrive to work and hope that the day will only get better. I am totally flustered and feel tense because my morning has not gone so well. I get through my third client and go out to the lobby to get one of my favorites. She is a nurse and has two little boys and is the sweetest lady. I see her and I'm so surprised because she's pregnant again. Her second son was born about a year ago and she got back into shape really quickly so I thought nothing of it when I said "Congratulations, I didn't know you were having another one!" She just stared at me and her smile quickly faded and said "I'm not, I just gained all my wait back." Can life get any worse for me right now? I apologize over and over and her being the nice person she is just kept telling me "it's okay". I spent the next 45 minutes with her feeling like a complete jerk.

Finally my lunch is here and as I go to open the fridge I remember that I forgot it at home, ofcourse I did! I only have about 15 minutes so I run down to the coffee stand to get a bagel. They have these great pizza bagels and the always sell out so I was excited when I saw two in the window. She greets me and I ask for the bagel and a bottled water. "Oh, I can't give you a bagel, I'm saving them for someone." I laugh out loud thinking she's kidding and again she says "they are being saved for someone." I know bagels aren't important but after my day had gone the way it was going I wanted to cry. I walk away and decide I don't need to eat, afterall I might choke and die with my luck!

The day finally ended and nothing else went wrong. Thankfully I didn't cut off anyones ear! Thanks for reading and letting me vent. Sometimes it just feels good to get it all out and know that life happens and tomorrow is a new day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Oh, Laura...what a day! Those are the days that I consider taking up swearing! Ugh! Today, I wished that my kids had a volume switch - they were playing hockey in the kitchen at 7:30am and bursting with noise and energy - do you want to trade days???

10:39 AM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

I'm sorry Laura! You ARE one of the most laid back, easy going and sweetest girls I know. Let me just say, you handled that coffee stand girl much better than I would have. I think that would have just put me right over the edge! I would have grabbed the bagel and took off running!! :) Seriously, I think I would have given her a 10 minute lecture on customer service, and then told her to take the bagels out of the display if they were not for sale! :)
OK... and your not-so-pregnant client mishap. Oh my. I KNOW you, and I know you would NEVER say that unless you truly believed someone to be pregnant! I can so see that happening, especially if she had already lost all her baby weight. When us Moms gain weight, quite often our tummies just pop right out there because they have been so stretched out in our pregnancies, so it creates that poochy tummy that is not in portion to the rest of our body. Giving that pregnant look. It's an EASY mistake to make, don't beat yourself up over that. :) Hopefully, she will use that to help her find her motivation again and she can eventually look back on it as a positive moment, a turning point! I'm just trying to find the bright side here! :) Maybe she will come back in a few months all in shape, and thank YOU for it! :) Am I helping?
I love you, Jess

12:47 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

First of all, I think I would have told the people that were honking to eat poop. I would have been so mad. Then like Jess would have had a little talking to, to the bagel girl and she would have ended up giving me both bagels for free. I cannot believe people some times. Im just glad that nothing else happened.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Thanks for all your comments! Holly, I may have let one of those swear words slip (sorry!) I think your job as a mother is much harder than any of my days.

Jess, I'll never comment about anyone being pregnant again and I just hope she comes back for another haircut and not hate me forever. Yes, maybe this will be a positive moment for her at some point.

Amelia, poop would have been great in that situation! Next time I'll let them have it!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Amelia, that made me laugh out loud...I can just see you with your two free bagels. Way too funny. :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh my what a day!!! In hind site, it makes for a REALLY great blog story that you will laugh really hard about someday.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Just to let all of you know, poop would not have been my first choice of words. I was censoring myself. But if you all want to believe that poop is the worst word that I say than have at it.

3:56 PM  
Blogger blessed girl said...

So sorry for your day, just makes going to bed that much sweeter! I really enjoyed reading about it, though!!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Amelia, I just don't believe you would have let a bad word come from that sweet little mouth of yours!!!!!!

April, I just want you to know that I read your blog often but I don't have an account so I can't comment. I love the picture of you though, you are sooooo cute with your little tummy.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Hi Laura,
When I first saw the picture below I thought it was Michael Jackson. Looks like you had fun! Take care, Leah

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home