Monday, April 24, 2006

Saturday night we said goodbye to Mel. We opened the salon together almost two years ago and I am sad to see her go. She is full of energy and always making people laugh. I wish you the best and you will be missed.


While we were all eating and having a good time this man approaches our table and asks what we are celebrating? He wants to make Mel a balloon so she agrees. He ends up blowing up about 15 balloons and arranges them into this hat which is absolutly huge. It's hard to tell in the pictures but Mel is pretty tall and became even taller with this creation on top of her head. It was so funny watching her try to walk around without bumping into anyone and losing her balance.
Below are pictures of Sunday night, we went bowling. I haven't bowled in years! I try to avoid this activity because I either fall while trying to throw the ball, or release it when my arm is behind me usually hurting someone sitting on the benches. I have even managed to throw the ball in someone else's lane. Luckily nothing like that happened this time, I even got a few stikes. It was probably just luck.


This pictures makes me laugh because she actually bowled better this way! I think she ended up with a spare.

The best part of the weekend was the weather. It was over 70 degrees both Sunday and Monday. I loved every minute of it and am so ready for summer. There is nothing better than a bright sunny warm day in Washington.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

That last picture of you in Chris, with you in that hat, is ADORABLE!!!! You look SO cute!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

PS- I found Tierre S on myspace....it has been fun to reconnect...if you goto my myspace...she is one of my friends, you can click on her picture and see her myspace

1:29 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Thanks Jess, Chris had played golf all day and was so burned, he never burns though so now he knows how I feel! I don't have a myspace account but tell Tierre hello from me. How did you find her on there?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

I have totally done all those things bowling as well. How weird!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Bloggin POPO said...

Laura, you don't have to have myspace to view someone else's. If you want to see her's just go to my myspace through my blog...then click on "see all Jess's friends"...she is in there somewhere..there is a couple other people we went to school with in there too. Floyd is in there...wait until you see his picture! I found Tierre because you list what school you went to on myspace and it connects you with others from your school.
~Jess

6:29 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Aghhhhh....I keep forgetting that John was logged in instead of me! :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Oh, and Chris playing golf all day.....weird, I just can't imagine! :)
So, basically he was at "the office"?
Love you!
PS- I didn't see you at Easter, were you there?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Okay, I'll check out your myspace account and see who is all on there. Isn't it fun to see old friends from high school. By the way you are going to our next reunion, no excuses! Yes we were there on Easter and sat pretty close to the front. You sang beautifully as always. I wanted to come say hi but we went up to Marysville afterwards and left right after service. Yes Chris works very hard at the office, especially this time of year.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home