Monday, December 26, 2005

The proudest grandparents ever!

My favorite baby girl

Best cooks in town!


The week before Christmas a good friend asked me what my most memorable Christmas was. I honestly couldn't come up with anything at the moment. Besides having a terrible memory, I feel like every year is about the same. I love Christmas but they all kind of blend together. So throughout the week I went back and began remembering the ones that were extra special.
When I was eleven years old my family moved from Southern California to Maple Valle Washington. It was going to be hard starting all over in a brand new state. My moms entire family which includes six other sisters and one brother spent Christmas in an amazing lodge in Colorado. This is where I learned to ski with my Uncle Bubba. It was so warm and cozy being surrounded by a huge family. There was so much laughter and love. Then there was the Christmas where my parents gave Lisa and I each a hollow coconut, they surprised us with a trip to Hawaii. We were so excited. Chris and I started dating in the fall of 1998 so we were about to spend our first Christmas together. He had gone out shopping for my presents and stopped by to visit me at work and was so excited that he ended up telling me everything he had bought for me two weeks before Christmas. He still isn't very good at keeping secrets! The new traditions we have started together, having my family over on Christmas Eve for a fabulous dinner prepared by Chris and Tom, slumber party (yes they all spend the night), and a big breakfast in the morning. This year was extra special because of little Berkeley. She is a beautiful little girl and I so love watching my sister in the role of a mother. What a miracle to watch a life develope before your eyes. Each week she changes and grows and it's amazing.
So those are a few of my most memorable times. I know when I wake up every morning I am blessed beyond words and have so much to be thankful for. I look forward to many more years and I wish you all love and happiness

4 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Great pictures....and I loved the Christmas stories! :) You can really see Berkley's face in that one picture, she is cute!!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Laura - I loved hearing your Christmas stories. I, too, am terrible at remembering things. I am terrible with those kind of questions - I have to have a week to ponder them! I agree the baby Berkeley was the highlight this year. I just adore that tiny thing! SOOOO CUTE!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

What great traditions you have begun!!! By the way, your house looks sooo great! Would love to see more pictures of that!!! And...did you say you have an Uncle Bubba!? That cracks me up! I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, I wish you a VERY happy New Year my friend!

8:09 AM  
Blogger blessed girl said...

Laura-I loved reading about your memories!

Remember the Cabbage Patch rage? That was one of my favorite Christmases as a kid. My mom got one from Korea through a stewardess that year. I would touch the package every day under the tree and could not wait to open her up. I still have her stored away until one of my girls is interested in her, if they ever are.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home