Monday, January 29, 2007

Well, it was time for some warm weather and sunshine! My parents headed to Hawaii and we decided on Scottsdale Arizona. This was my first visit and it was very different than any other place I've vacationed. Everything is very brown and all the houses blend into the desert, so until it's dark and everything is lit up, it seems very isolated. It was wierd not having the ocean close by and I found myself missing our lush green trees. The sunsets were beautiful and I loved all the cactus that covered the grounds. All of the shopping areas are very cute and well thought out. There are a ton of restaraunts and a ton of golf courses, which the boys enjoyed almost everyday! My digital camera broke on the way down so I had to use a disposable one, the pictures didn't turn out very good, I apologize! Lisa will have much better pictures and a much more detailed and interesting post to read about our trip! She is the writer in the family!
This was Berkeley's first vacation and she did great. She loved being outside and loved shopping with us. Well, I'm not sure she loved it but Lisa and I convinced ourselves she did!
Chris and I rented a bike towards the end of the week and explored Arizona. Chris actually lived there for about eight years so we went and found his old house and he showed me some places they used to go. We started riding up to Peyson and discovered SNOW closer to the top. Needless to say it was very cold on the bike so we turned around. The ride was beautiful though. We would be surrounded by the desert and then all of a sudden there would be these huge rock formations and then they would end, and there would be rolling hills full of pine trees. It was amazing how fast the landscaping would change.

It is always nice to get away but I always look forward to coming home! Thanks for a great time you guys!

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

How fun! Did you fly...?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Yes, we flew! I love those short flights.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Laura,
I loved vacationing with you. You're so little I think I'll slip you in my pocket and take you on every trip from here on out. We had a great time and are so glad you two were able to go.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Potts Family 5 said...

Cute pictures. I'm ready for our sunshine around here to turn WARM!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Lisa, I'm not little and my 1.6 pounds that I lost is back. I think it's from those espresso milkshakes you forced down me!

Holly, I know what you mean. At least the sun is out. If you park your car outside and let it warm up it feels really warm when you get in and it kind of feels like summer!
I tend to do wierd things like that!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

Ahhh..there you are. :)
Cute as ever!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Skyler and Suzanne said...

Vacation.....what's that. Very jealous! Skyler and I need to go on one soon. I'm glad you had such a good time with you sis.

9:13 AM  
Blogger The Eddy's said...

I completely agree with you about everything being brown and missing the lush green...when we first moved to CO, we lived in the desert and it sucked. (parden my french) : ) We miss the Ocean all the time...so, I vote that you go some where with both sun and ocean for your next vaca!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home