Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Chris and I spent a few days in Bend, Oregon last week and I fell in love with this little town. He has been going a couple times a year for the last few years to host wine tastings and always comes home just raving about Bend. I decided to go along and see why he loves this place so much. It is the most quaint and charming little town. All the homes are old and very well taken care of, the landscaping is gorgeous, there are a bunch of little boutiques and art galleries, fantastic restaurants and extremely nice people. It's in the desert so they don't get too much rain, but there are still beatuiful weeping willows and huge old trees everywhere. If you haven't been, it's worth the drive to spend a long weekend over there. They also have every outdoor sport possible. I'm hoping to go back this summer and do some white water rafting.
This is the river that runs through town. There is a path to walk along and little benches placed along the way. I spent a few hours reading on this bench while Chris was working.











4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Ok. How can you be that beautiful? Whatever. ; ) It sounds like we need to check out Bend!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

I love the pictures and that little bridge. Too cute! I can't wait to go with you guys this weekend! You look so cute in those pictures too! I love the Versaces!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Cagle Clan said...

You are SO adorable!
You know Bekah lives in Bend...right??
Her whole family lives there.
It is a great little town!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Chris and Laura said...

Oh Andrea, you are way too kind! You guys would love Bend.

Lisa, you would have gone crazy taking all of your creative photographs on this trip!!! I am really excited for your birthday weekend.

Jess, you are way too kind as well! I knew Bekah's family moved there and I can totally see why. I bet they just love it.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home