Monday, October 08, 2012

Our first camping trip as a family of four. As you can see from the pictures Cohen thought it was great, Easton on the other hand had a rough weekend! We did end up going again and had a lot more fun with cousins and friends.
I have to share my camping story, a kind of scary one!  Easton had gone to sleep around 8 and Cohen shortly after.  Chris and I stayed up for awhile enjoying the camp fire. Finally by 10 I was falling asleep so I crept into the tent and crashed. Easton woke up around midnight and I held him until he fell back asleep trying not to wake up Cohen. Fifteen minutes later he was up again.  This went on for the next hour and a half.  Finally after the last time I had to go to the bathroom and could not wait any longer.  I am always to afraid to walk to the bathrooms so I just find a spot outside! So, as I'm going to the bathroom I swear I can see someone walking pretty close to our campsite. I know I'm not just tired because I've been awake the last hour and a half. I freak out for a minute but convince myself it was just my imagination.  I get back inside the tent and try to fall asleep.  Get up the next morning and I start looking for some granola bars that I had packed.  I can't find them anywhere and decide that they may have accidentally got thrown away by Easton. Chris is making breakfast and I am getting stuff out of the cooler and notice things missing.  I am missing several cheeses, lunch meat, hot dogs, and the chocolate from smores the night before.  It clicks and I realize we got robbed last night.  I did see someone in our campsite and they stole food from our cooler.  I couldn't believe it.  I was really annoyed at first and then very thankful they didn't hurt my family or steel anything else that was of real value.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Stockwells said...

Oh my gosh! Scary Laura!! So thankful they just took food.

4:07 PM  
Blogger The Stockwells said...

Oh my gosh! Scary Laura!! So thankful they just took food.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

That is really scary! I'm glad that's all they took and that you still had fun. We had fun camping with you guys over the summer...looking forward to next summer!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so cute

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home