Monday, October 08, 2012

First day of preschool and this is the smile that I get! Hard to believe I have a son old enough to be in school. I know this is just the beginning, but I hate this growing up stuff!  This has been a huge milestone for us though and we are so proud of Cohen.  The boys have always been home while Chris and I have worked. We have grandparents come one day a week and a family friend another day a week.  Not once has Cohen made it through a church service in his little class without crying and we were pretty sure preschool would be the same way.  A couple weeks before school started we were trying to get him excited about meeting new friends and learning new things.  He wanted nothing to do with it. He kept saying " I don't like my teacher, I don't like my new friends."  It actually broke my heart to hear this come out of him.  This is supposed to be the best time for a kid.  So the first day Chris and I take him and were both prepared to put a smile on our face, be strong and walk away while we listen to him scream!  To our surprise, he walked in, looked at us for a second, the teacher picked him up and not a sound out of him! We kept our phones close the next two hours sure they would call us.................they didn't!!!!! When we picked him up he had a huge smile on his face and said "I had so much fun at school, can I come back tomorrow?" We were so relieved!  Now I have to explain to him why he can't go to school seven days a week. Thank you Jesus that he loves it!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmarose said...

Great job Cohen! We are proud of you and so happy you love school! These will be some of the best years of your life. Enjoy them!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

Laura,
The above comment was from me...I didn't realize Emily was signed into blogger until it left the comment under her name :) Even though she doesn't know Cohen, I'm sure she is proud of him too :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home