Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Swiss Alps, probably one of the most breathtaking places I have ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice, you'll just have to go there and see it for yourself one day! This is where one of the James Bond 007 movies was filmed.


Angelsea, Marcella and me. We met some really great people on our trip and one of those couples were Brandon and Marcella from Chicago. Her husband is below between the boys.



We took a gondola lift up to the Schilthorn at 10,000 feet. It was incredible. People actually paraglide from the top spending 45 minutes flying down to Interlaken (town we stayed). The Alps are also filled with mountain bikers, hikers and skiing in the winter. Living in the Northwest I get to enjoy our mountains but they hardly compare to this.

Once we got down we walked back to our chalet and along the path they had "water holes" with crystal clear drinking water.
Swiss cows! I love cows and this guy even kissed my hand. We had fondue our first night and of course swiss chocolate, yummy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cagle Clan said...

I am LOVING your pictures!!! That gondola ride seems like the coolest thing ever! I have to do that some day. And that last pic of you and Chris...I want to live there....it's so beautiful.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Sweet Pea Potts said...

I am going there with you someday! The Swiss Alps look so beautiful and the gondola ride seems scary, but fun!

2:09 PM  
Blogger CunninghamRules!! said...

Those pictures are so absolutely amazing, I can't believe that you really got to go there, wow! Beautiful.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home